Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pollen Forecast

Today, I was checking the weather forecast for the upcoming week. A pretty mundane activity, until I went to the weather channel online, and they had the first high pollen forecast posted.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/18353?sourceid=mozilla-search#

I thought, gee this is crazy, considering we have a little over a foot of snow on the ground, and are due for more tomorrow afternoon and evening. My husband noticed the trees, and said it does appear they are beginning to bloom. The lilac bushes already have tiny buds, and the maple is going to sap pretty late. Normally I don't pay attention to these things, but this year some things seem different.

Now if that pollen forecast is anything like it's predicted, those of us with allergies are in for one long suffering season :(

1 comment:

H F J said...

SNOW?!?! You still have snow? I'm not going to be mean and point out that my kids have spent the last week in shorts. ;)