Saturday, November 3, 2007

Should I Be So Shocked?

As I was going through some old bookmarks, I found the following video on Steve Kellmeyer's blog



Watching this, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or scream. I don't know where this school is located, but I can say for certain the teens in the video have similar ideas about Catholicism as teens in my local Catholic schools do. What was more stunning was when the priest in the video didn't know the answer to the question. Is this what is being taught in Catholic schools across the country? Has the curriculum been dumbed down to the point where we can no longer distinguish Catholic schools from public ones?

Should I be shocked? No, and neither should anyone else, unless they're fortunate enough to have their children attend solidly Catholic schools. They seem to be more and more rare these days.

Next time anyone asks why I homeschool, I'll point them to this video ;)

No comments: