Thursday, October 25, 2007

Farewell, Pippin

Today is a sad day. My daughter's guinea pig, Pippin, died earlier. She had never been sick before, so it was unusual when Amanda found her this morning displaying signs of illness. Guinea pigs usually go down pretty quickly, and I was grateful she died at home, instead of having to put her down.

Here's a picture of her from August, eating one of her favorite foods:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Farewell Pippin, you will be missed.

5 comments:

Therese said...

oh dear. I am so sorry for your loss Amanda and Dawn. Many prayers for you both.

Dawn said...

Thanks so much for the prayers! It will be most difficult on Amanda and the remaining guinea pig. The one we have left is roaming around, looking for her companion. Even though they bickered frequently, they looked out for each other.

Therese said...

They really need company I have been told. You don't have just one. Will you be able to get another one?

Dawn said...

The other one is currently alone. I'm not sure if I want to get another one yet. My husband won't get another one from the place we purchased the sole living pig we have. They have a bad reputation for overbreeding their animals. It will be tough to find a good breeder around here.

jj said...

Sorry to hear this. I remember when I was a kid it was always very sad when they died and I still remember it more than 30 years later.... :-(