Monday, October 22, 2007

View From My Window

Today, it is one of the nicest fall days we've had. I especially like the view I have to the outside while at my computer.

The trees are in full color right now
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Over the past two years, we've used Amanda's old turtle sandbox as a flower planter. My dad moved it, where he put back the Blessed Mother and Infant of Prague plant stakes. They're barely noticeable in the picture, unless you look very closely
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't realize it, but in the picture foreground are Amanda's venus fly trap, as well as what's left of a very small passion vine. She had purchased two zebra heliconian eggs from a lady in Florida. One of them died almost immediately upon hatching, but the other she had been feeding since August. It finally decided to pupate the other day. Normally, they go through their lifecycle in a matter of weeks, but I believe because our temperatures are cooler, it took the caterpillar much longer to go through its instars. It's also very small, so I hope when it emerges it's reasonably sized.

Now I have no idea what to do with the passion vine :(

No comments: